Baked Apple Wedges
I have made this recipe using a variety of different apples; some work great while others do not. Some have great texture and flavor after baking, while others turn to mush or loose all flavor. You want to make sure to use apples that can be cooked while retaining flavor and texture. Do use one of these Apples: Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp. Mutsu, Pippin. Do NOT use one of these Apples: Jonagold, Gala, Red Delicious
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 35m
- 1 apple (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp. Mutsu or Pippin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Equipment: small bowl, small baking dish with a lid or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
- Cut the apple into 10 slices. Remove and discard the core and seeds.
- In small bowl, combine the vanilla extract, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, and nutmeg.
- Then add the apple wedges to the bowl and toss until well coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the apples skin side down in a small baking dish, and cover either with a lid or with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 15, then remove lid and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm!