The vegetables in this recipe are just suggestions of what you can use in a red curry. Feel free to substitute for whatever you have on hand. For the sauce recipe please see “Red Curry Sauce” (link at the bottom). If you planning to serve this dish with a grain (like rice, barley, farro) start that first. Next you should make the sauce. The veggies and other ingredients can be prepared while the sauce is simmering. This recipe is vegetarian but feel free to add some chicken or shrimp if you like. If you are making this recipe gluten-free make sure to use rice, not barley or farro/if making it paleo then skip the grains all together and enjoy it as-is. Most of this dish can be made ahead and finished off in about 10 minutes. You can do this by making the sauce, then chop all the veggies and refrigerate the sauce and veggies separately until needed.
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 25m
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 thai eggplants (or one small eggplant chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 zucchini (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup green beans (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup swiss chard (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- red curry sauce (see link below)
- 1 shallot (diced, or 1/2 cup )
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (quartered)
Equipment: large sauté pan
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat then add the INLINE-LINK-START title="Red Curry Sauce" href="../../../recipes/red-curry-sauce/" target="_blank">Red Curry Sauce INLINE-LINK-END to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chopped shallot, mushrooms, bell pepper, eggplants, zucchini and green beans and cook for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat stir in the swiss chard.
- Serve hot!