Zucchini Carrot Quiche
I have made this quiche in several different forms: in a large baking dish, individual ramekins, and even in muffin and mini-muffin tins! Make the mixture up first, then pour it into your favorite baking container. It makes a great addition to breakfast or brunch. You can even serve it up for lunch or dinner alongside a salad.
Makes: 3-6 servings
Preparation time: 15m
Cooking time: 15m
Total time: 45m
- 1 large leek (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus a little extra to grease the baking dish)
- 4 spring onions (sliced)
- 6 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened milk substitute (unsweetened coconut, soy, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Equipment: skillet, large bowl, 7x7 baking dish or similar size
- Preheat oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
- Chop and wash the leeks, for detailed instructions see my post on INLINE-LINK-START title="http://www.wafflehearts.com/howtos/how-to-chop-and-wash-leeks" href="How%20To:%20Wash%20and%20Chop%20Leeks" target="_blank">How To: Chop and Wash Leeks INLINE-LINK-END.
- Dice carrots and chop zucchini into 1/4” thick half moons.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then sweat the chopped leeks, carrots and zucchini for about 5-6 minutes until they soften up a bit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the spring onions, eggs, milk substitute, salt and pepper.
- Add the sautéed veggies to the bowl and stir the ingredients together.
- Grease a baking dish with a little olive oil then pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425ºF/220ºC.